Home Insurance Contents insurance | Cheap | Compare | What is | Students

Contents insurance | Cheap | Compare | What is | Students

Content insurance

What is the average cost of contents insurance? What does contents insurance cover? These are probably questions that you’ve asked yourself. In this article, you will find the answer to these questions and many more questions about contents insurance.

Contents insurance

What is a contents insurance?

Contents insurance is an insurance that pays for damage to, or loss of, an individual’s personal possessions while they are located within that individual’s home. For example, it would cover damage done to contents in the home during a fire.

It is usually offered with home insurance, but may also be purchased as a stand-alone coverage.

What is a home contents insurance for tenants?

Tenants cover is a form of contents insurance that will protect your possessions if they are damaged by fire, flood or even theft. This is not an insurance policy for those who have tenants – that would be the landlord insurance. This is for tenants living in a rented space with their own possessions on the property.

It is not a legal requirements for tenants cover of contents insurance, but some landlords may request it for their tenants.

Contents insurance for students

Contents insurance for students is a form of insurance that will protect your possessions if they are damaged by fire, flood, or even theft while living in a rented property or at university as a student.

Contents insurance for students is not a legal requirement. Some university housing will already provide contents insurance, and some landlords may require it for their tenants.

Cheap contents insurance: Compare quotes and the market

The easiest way to get cheap contents insurance is to use one of the many online comparing services. We have listed some of the major players below:

Contents insurance average cost

According to the ABI Property Premium Tracker, a contents insurance average cost is £138 a year.

Read more: The Money Advice Service

Contents insurance at Money Saving Expert

MoneySavingExpert.com is a guide that provides basic information about home and contents insurance, a comparison to find the cheapest policy, how to file claims and how to file a complaint against your provider. Depending on your situation, it’s good to evaluate what type of contents insurance is right for you.

Read more: Money Saving Expert Home Insurance & Contents Insurance for Tenants

Selected contents insurance companies

Here is a list of some selected contents insurance providers:

Contents insurance at Tesco Bank

Tesco Bank aims at providing simple and straightforward banking and insurance products that provide good value and reward loyalty. Tesco Bank offers home insurance that covers both building or content insurance, or a combination of both for coverage.

Read more: Tesco Bank

Contents insurance at Nationwide

Nationwide is a British mutual financial institution and the largest building society in the world. It offers a combination building and contents insurance, among other options.

Read more: Nationwide

Contents insurance at Direct Line

Direct Line started selling insurance from a single call centre in Croydon. Today, you can buy home, car, pet, travel, life, breakdown, landlord and business cover direct from them – online, or over the phone.

Read more: Direct Line

Contents insurance at Admiral

Admiral is a car insurance specialist that offers three different levels of contents insurance starting at £44.

Read more: Admiral